Elevation: from to
Follow these steps:
- Click twice on the map when it opens, roughly where the put-in and take-out are.
- Click on the Auto Centre & Zoom button.
- Drag put-in and take-out markers to their proper position.
- Repeat from (2) if necessary
- Click on the Calculate Statistics button to draw a line and display the data
- Repeat from (3) for another river section close by, or click on the Reset button to start over
For a more 'natural' length between the points select 'Calculate distance using curves'. Blue markers are where we use the elevation, if there is no marker the river travels up-hill at this point (i.e. the point is not in the centre of Google's river bed).